Invisalign for children
Dear readers, welcome to our article on pediatric dentistry, dedicated to invisible braces for children. Here you’ll find useful information on this frequent request from children and teenagers, but please note that our article in no way replaces a consultation with one of our dentists in Geneva! During a consultation, we’ll take the time to answer all your questions! If your questions are not answered in this article, you can find out more about Invisalign for children in a consultation at Rhône dental Kids in Geneva!
Even for young children, braces can be practical and convenient, allowing malocclusions and orthodontic problems to be corrected without the discomfort of traditional orthodontics. A first visit is recommended around the age of 6, the right age to intercept certain dental, skeletal or habit-related problems (e.g. finger or pacifier sucking over time) that need to be corrected as soon as possible.
Invisalign First braces are simple, transparent 3D-printed braces.
These braces are removable, enabling good oral hygiene to be maintained throughout treatment.
They are virtually invisible and sequential, meaning they need to be changed every seven days or so, as each is designed to determine a specific tooth movement, until the result digitally planned during the study/design phase, illustrated and discussed with the child and parents, is achieved.
Advantages of invisalign
- No dental impressions: only the 3D scan of the child’s mouth is taken with an OPTICAL SCANNER, without the disadvantages associated with impressions with traditional materials (nausea, discomfort, the material taking up space in the mouth) and maximum digital production speed (which also enables the clinician to have easier discussions with the parents, providing a better understanding of the clinical situation).
- No metal or other materials (no stars, no wire…) and therefore no more discomfort such as mouth ulcers or irritations, and nothing that detaches or stings;
- Virtually total invisibility, guaranteeing maximum aesthetic appeal, even in paediatric age;
- Hygiene: children can maintain optimal oral hygiene, since invisalign braces are removable, helping to combat the susceptibility to caries associated with the development of increasingly pathogenic and dangerous bacterial flora;
- Easy to use and comfortable for the child or teenager, who can continue to lead a full and dynamic life without limitations of any kind: they can carry out all activities (even sports) with invislign braces for children, without discomfort or risk of losing them.
- Keeping them on at night is essential, and there’s no risk of them falling out, as they’re absolutely stable because they’re digitally molded to each child’s mouth;
- It’s very convenient for parents: check-ups are usually monthly and very short, there are no emergencies, and there’s no idea of “braces pain”.
What’s more, thanks to this revolutionary technology, it’s possible to correct skeletal problems of tooth growth and alignment with a single appliance, which would otherwise require the use of several appliances, resulting in longer delays and higher costs, which are no longer necessary and can be optimized thanks to the use of this new technique.
Would you like to find out more about invisible braces for children and arrange a consultation? During the initial examination, we’ll be able to determine the best possible treatment for your children’s orthodontic needs in Geneva. In addition, we can define the treatment plan, the expected duration of treatment and the approximate cost.
Drop in for a visit, or call us on 022 310 50 77 to arrange a consultation with our dentists for your child!